Are you hoping for a quick sale for your home? As you begin the process of preparing your house to enter the real estate market, you may not know where to begin. Which projects are the most important to tackle? We have put together a list of tips for you that will help you sell your house fast.
- If your home has a seriously outdated kitchen or bathrooms, updating them should be your number one priority. You don’t have to pay for the most expensive materials, as a simple update of color, appliances, and fixtures should help immensely. Replacing carpet and painting walls are relatively inexpensive ways to achieve a fresh new look. Choose wisely what you spend your money on by deciding which projects are the most necessary.
- Hire a professional photographer to take pictures of your house for the posting. It is amazing what a difference pictures can make. You will find that professional pictures will help you get more showings of your property. Many buyers will dismiss a house simply because the owner-taken pictures did not really capture their attention.
- Make sure you have a great real estate agent. Having an experienced realtor can really help to sell your house fast. The best part about it is that you don’t have to do the work of bookings and showings—your real estate agent will do all of that for you!
- Pay attention to the curb appeal of your home. Well-groomed landscaping, fresh paint, and an updated exterior can really make the difference in how quickly you sell your home. One Washington Post article suggests investing 10% of the value of your home into your landscaping. They mention that the standard return on investment in landscaping is 150% or more!
- Make sure the price is right. In the real estate market, your asking price needs to be comparable to competing properties. Having the “just right” asking price will make it possible to sell your house fast. Have your realtor help you decide what price is best to ask for your home.