It seems that the world today has become very dependent on the internet, and most people have gotten used to having everything available at their fingertips. Although we love technology as much as the next person, we believe there is something to be said for continuing genuine human interaction. One area where this is a huge benefit is in the real estate market. The value of your living, breathing, understanding human realtor can never be replaced by information on the internet. Whether buying or selling, there are plenty of reasons why your realtor is an important member of your team. Let’s take a look at three reasons in each category:
- Your realtor will guide you through the home-buying process. They can help you understand jargon, market value, and provide you with the appropriate paperwork for your purchase.
- Real estate agents will schedule appointments for you to look at homes that fit what you are hoping for. They can tell you about the home and the neighborhood, and should be able to answer questions for you as you tour the property.
- They can negotiate with the seller for you when you are ready to buy to ensure that you pay a fair price for the home.
- Realtors can help you decide on a good asking price based on the current market.
- They will advertise the home for you, including listing it on MLS, hosting an open house, and scheduling showings with potential buyers.
- Your real estate agent will negotiate with the buyer for you and monitor the sale process to make sure it goes smoothly.